Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Hello...Is this thing on?

Taps The Mic

Can everyone hear me okay? Great!
I would like to welcome you all to my new fitness blog. I've recently restarted my fitness journey, and I needed a place to share my journey with the world..and what better way to do that than blog? Also, my personal blog was becoming more of a fitness place so I decided to split the two.

So this is my first post! Yay! 

I shall get the introductions out of the way and then we can get down to the good stuff. Kay?

First and foremost, I'm Erricka




I'm a 25..almost 26 natural hair lover who is obsessed with nail polish, clothes, sports and everything that has to do with this guy.



Meet Dhani. He is my crazy, yet loving 6 year old who is obsessed with all things that has to deal with Pittsburgh sports especially Neil Walker and let us not forget his latest obsession with basketball shorts. Lol. 

So as previously stated, I'm restarting my fitness journey since a certain trip to Miami last year caused me to fall off the wagon. Now I've always been the active type all throughout my childhood and even into early adulthood so I've never struggled with my weight. I mean I have an awesome metabolism along with an even more awesome mother with exceptional genes to thank for that. Yet in still, my not so awesome love of Beer coupled with my love of fruits and anything soaked in fat has caused some major damage to my stomach region. So last year I decided to join my awesome Mama (who is currently RAWKIN her fitness journey) and started to workout again. 

Quick Sidebar: Both my mother and my slimmed, diva of a sister have always been smaller than me. They envy my lovely legs & boo-tay. Speaking of slimmed and diva..this is Erin..my other baby lol.


See that no waist, long legs and toned arms she has going on? Yep that's my baby.
Anyway as I had mentioned before, Miami was my downfall last year and I reverted back to this lifestyle..


...drinking and of course back to fried  foods. However, I had missed the gym something terrible and decided to get my life back on track.

In Walks New Years Resolutions
Everyone makes that Januray 1st declaration of being fit and sticking with it..and just like a lost sheep, I followed. It was difficult getting back in to the habit of waking up every morning at 4:30 AM..even typing that is tough lol
Not to mention, Pittsburgh experienced one of the toughest winters yet. I mean I'm talking negative degree days..snow storms and POTHOLES. 


But my mama remained focused and never once let the crazy bipolar weather stop her..Well except for those negative days...


In walks my 90 day challenge...
Over on my other blog Shamless Plug I've decided to start my own 90 day challenge, just to help jump start my fitness journey. The rules of that challenge are as follows:

  • Drink 3-4L of water EVERY DAY.
  • Eat every 2-3 hours throughout the day.
  • Workout 1 hr a day, 5-6x a week.
  • Create a motivation journal (Blogger, Tumblr, Facebook Group) to track your progress.
  • Weekly group discussions in the FB group about any and everything.
  • $1 in a mason jar for every successful 1 hr workout completed.
  • #90daychallenge when posting pictures
  •  No Alcohol (1 Cheat Day a month)
  • Get plenty of rest.
  • Do not stray from foods listed on meal plan.
  • Take Day 1, 30,60,90 day pictures for progression.

As for foods I was following the 90 day meal plan from Blogilates which can be found here Food
But I'm putting too much into one post, so my next post will be dedicated to my 90Daychallenge and will include my starting pictures along with my goals for April.



Start Sweating Sweetheart,
Love Erricka



No comments:

Post a Comment