Monday, June 16, 2014

Meatless Monday: Pasta With Broccoli, Tomatoes And Pine Nuts Topped With Vegan Cheese

...and so it begins! Hey y'all! I've officially started my vegetarian diet! I'm so freaking pumped to see where this journey takes me and the body changes that will occur .
Any who I have a little less than a month until I take my Caribbean cruise and I have decided to up my intensity of my workouts as well as avoid meat. With that being said I want to introduce the idea of Meatless Monday's (even though I know this is currently being done).
meatlessmonday2
I signed up for a weeks worth of emails and recipes over at www.veggiechallenge.com and made one of the dinner recipes tonight.
Here's the recipe:
Serves 2, <30 minutes
1/2 lb (225 g) your choice of whole-grain pasta
1 head broccoli
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 garlic cloves, chopped
3 Tbsp (20 g) pine nuts
A pinch of chili powder
1 (14 oz / 400 g) can diced tomatoes
Fresh parsley as garnish
Boil water for pasta. Prepare according to package directions.
Meanwhile, steam or boil broccoli pieces until tender crisp.
Sauté garlic in oil in a large frying pan until lightly brown. • Add pine nuts, chili powder and tomatoes, and simmer over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes. • Stir in the cooked broccoli and drained pasta. • Serve with fresh parsley.
I also added:
daiya
because I'm a cheese fanatic lol. However this dairy free cheese is AH-MAZING!! This will definitely become a staple in my cooking.
Broccoli Pasta
Here's the final product and it was so freaking delicious and filling. Perfect way to end my night along with a cup of tea.
What are some of your favorite #meatlessmonday recipes?
Peace and Love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment