Friday, May 2, 2014

Blueberry Protein Pancakes

Happy Friday everyone!


So today since I had a bit more time in the kitchen I decided to try and make blueberry protein pancakes based off a recipe I read on Blogilates. 


The recipe is as follows:

(Less than 250 calorie breakfast)
INGREDIENTS:
*1/4 cup egg white
*1/2 banana
*1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Body Fortress Super Whey Protein – Vanilla)
*2 tbs vanilla almond milk or skim milk
*1 tsp ground cinnamon
*1 tbs ground flax seed
DIRECTIONS:
1. Mash up your banana first, make sure it is quite ripe or else this could be hard…
2. Then add all the goods and mix it up!
3. Use a non stick pan and spray with cooking spray, put on low-medium heat
4. Dollop the batter onto your pan (I made mine in tablespoon portions so I could eat more mini pancakes)
5. Once it begins to bubble (took about 30 sec – 1 min), flip over and let sit for about another 20-30 sec.
6. Slide off of pan and enjoy! This makes exactly 1 serving. I got 9 mini pancakes out of this, each about 3.5” diameter.

I did make a few changes to the recipe, instead of the Body Fortress Super Whey Protein, I used Muscle Milk Light Vanilla Creme Protein Powder . Instead of bananas I used, blueberries and added a dash of vanilla extract. Now I'm not the perfect pancake maker but adding blueberries made it even more difficult. It was hard to flip those things with blueberries, but hey I still ate those suckers because they were tasty. I added a side of egg whites and spinach with a cup of green tea. 


Not the prettiest picture but who cares lol. 

I also lost my life in the gym with my mother, she is putting me on a new workout schedule that includes total body workouts both with and without weights. I'm excited about this new schedule because it will allow me to better monitor my progress and build strength.



I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Start sweating sweetheart,
Love Erricka

No comments:

Post a Comment